HOW I KNOW
My journey into feeding dynamics began from my own difficult experience and seeing the transformation in my family when we introduced the trust model in feeding.
Using the Ellyn Satter Feeding Dynamics Model, I have learned how to apply the model to my own family, as well as the many families I support. I combine my passion, personal experience and professional knowledge to empower parents to raise children who have healthy relationships with their bodies and food for life. My approach is consistent with Health at Every Size, Intuitive Eating & the Satter Division of Responsibility in Feeding (Ellyn Satter Feeding Dynamics Model).
IS THE FEEDING COACH FOR YOU?
The Feeding Coach is not the right avenue for you if:
- You suspect your child has an eating disorder or has been diagnosed with an eating disorder
- Your child has/ is suspected of having ANY oral-motor difficulties which are not yet being treated by a qualified health professional. E.g. your child has difficulty chewing, swallowing or frequently gags
- Any other untreated medical issues which affect feeding and eating
The Feeding Coach is for you if:
- You have your own (current or past) challenges with disordered eating, binge eating, dieting or eating disorders and want to raise your children differently
- Your child is extremely picky and only eats a small variety of foods
- You are tired of cooking different meals for each child, or cooking separate meals for the parents and the kids
- Meal times are stressful, conflict-filled and chaotic
- You are anxious about your child meeting his/her nutritional needs
- Your child is “obsessed” with food, and can’t seem to ever eat enough
- Your child’s weight concerns you or your spouse
- Your child begs for snacks 10 minutes after dinner is over because he is hungry
- Feeding and your child’s eating behaviors occupies a large amount of your mental energy and is a constant source of stress